Welcome to the world of Aya, the goddess of water. You will embark on a journey up the river to seek out nature's treasures and marvel at the variety of landscapes and animals that emerge as you glide along. Be clever and cooperate for the best photos so that you can share your incredible journey! Create and discover a new world each time you play with family and friends.
In Aya, you have to cooperate to connect as many landscape tiles and animal photo tokens as possible to arrange a chain of dominoes placed upright one after another. At the end of the game, they will fall onto each other, each one toppling the next – in a cascade effect – to reveal the ultimate number of landscapes and animals and bring back the greatest photos. Working as a team, the players try to score as many points as possible.
30 Min Playing Time
2 to 5 Players
The play area is defined by the edges of your game space... whatever it is!
1. Place the Start tile anywhere on the play area, so that all the players can reach it.
2. Arrange the Animal Photo tokens and the Landscape tiles with their back side up, dividing them into piles corresponding to their types, on the edge of the play area. Insert a Landscape Photo token of the same type between each Landscape tile.
3. Place the Retrigger tokens in a pile aside. If you are skilful enough... You will keep them!
4. Place the hourglass next to the piles, so that it is visible to all the players.
5. Deal the River dominoes face down to the players so as to form their STOCKS:
78 dominoes in a 2-player game;
52 dominoes in a 3-player game;
39 dominoes in a 4-player game;
31 dominoes in a 5-player game (32 for the first player).
Choose the first player, be nice and let the youngest start!
A game is divided into 3 phases:
A. A phase of placing the dominoes, the tiles, and the Animal Photo tokens. It is the heart of the game. It lasts the time of two 10-minute hourglasses, with possibly a break between.
B. A toppling phase, which lasts... a few seconds, and is the outcome of the game!
C. A counting phase, which lasts one minute, and embodies the result of your teamwork.
16 round Landscape tiles:
3Pole tiles, and
Each Landscape tile has front and back sides, the front side being the irrigated face.
156 River dominoes:
6 Extraordinary Garden
40 of the dominoes show a Camera icon
25 Animal Photo round tokens:
Each token has front and back sides, the front side representing the animal.
15 rectangle-shaped Landscape Photo tokens:
10 Retrigger tokens.
A 10-minute hourglass.
Released: 21 June 2016