It has been 20 years since the invention of the atomic bomb, and the superpowers of the world have remained embroiled in an ever-escalating arms race. The production of fissile material no longer poses a challenge for any nation. Instead, the race has switched to the development of a wide range of delivery systems. In a crisis, your nation will need to strike faster and farther from land, sea, and air. Take charge of your nation’s “Nuclear Triad” and always remember: a credible threat is your most effective deterrent!
Minutes to Midnight allows you to play the game you want. From many paths to victory to be able to choose your own game length by setting the adjustable scoring rounds to different intervals. With interesting confrontational mechanics such as controlling another player's coastal waters or third world nation to spying on other player's buildings.
The standalone sequel to The Manhattan Project by the same designer. Command your nation's nuclear weapons program during the cold war.
You are the leader of a nuclear superpower. With the world on the brink of war, you must develop and deploy nuclear weapon systems of the following types:
Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs)
Third World Nation Missile Installations
You may also earn points by:
Building Anti-Ballistic Missiles (ABMs)
Testing Nukes in your Mainland
Gaining control over Third World Nations.
Each turn, you must decide to Place Workers or Retrieve Workers. When the final retrieval has been completed, the end of the game is triggered. At the end of the game, the player with the most points is the winner.
To help along the way, you will recruit 4 different kinds of workers:
- Laborers, which operate your buildings
- Spies, which operate your opponents' buildings for your gain
- Politicians, which produce tax revenue and gain control over third world nations
- Generals, which deploy your bombers, subs, and overseas missiles
You will also construct and operate 6 different kinds of buildings:
- Factories, which produce submarines and aircraft
- Research Facilities, which allow you to improve your position in 5 different technology tracks
- Reactors, which produce nukes
- Silos, which are armed with ICBMs
- Test Sites, which allow you to detonate nukes in your own territory for points
- ABM Launchers, which earn defensive bonuses against various threats.
3 Game Boards
1 Round Marker
5 Event Markers
4 Scoring Event Reference Cards
10 Nation Cards
20 Decoy Cards
63 Building Tiles
12 Fighter Tiles#20 Bomber Tiles
50 Nuke Discs
5 Nuke Counters
50 $1 Coins
5 $5 Coins
2 to 5 Players
90 to 150 Minutes Playing Time
It may not be possible to ship very heavy items outside of the Mainland UK.
Released: 10 April 2018