SHOBU is a beautifully crafted abstract strategy game for two players.
On your turn:
1. Move one of your stones up to two spaces in any direction, including diagonally.
2. Match that move with another of your stones on the opposite color board – and push an opponent’s stone off the board's edge.
3. Remove all four of your opponent's stones from any ONE board to win.
SHOBU is made of beautiful, natural elements, wood boards, a cotton rope divider and tumbled river stones as playing pieces, giving it incredible
Instantly familiar, yet wholly unique unto its own, SHOBU feels like a game that has
stood the test of time. The rules are amazingly simple and can be learned in moments, yet halfway through your first game, you realize the game has a depth and spatial challenge similar to 3-D chess. Simply brilliant.
(4) 5 1/2” etched wood game boards
(16) Black polished river stones
(16) White polished river stones
(1) cotton dividing rope
20 to 30 Min Playing Time
It may not be possible to ship very heavy items outside of the Mainland UK.
Released: 28 August 2019